BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summer (part 1)

I debated the best way to blog our summer in Utah. And after feeling very overwhelmed because of the HUNDREDS of pictures taken, I think the best way is this...One long post in chronological order with just a couple of my favorite pics from each event. I know it may be boring to some, but I am thinking about posterity.

The long awaited day came and we went to see Toy Story 3. Of course the kids LOVED it and of course their favorite line and most often quoted, "Hey I thought I told you kids to stay out of my butt," by Mr. Potato Head.

Oh, he wishes...

Another favorite thing: the coaster cars. The kids spent hours of time outside riding around in circles. And the girls got a special treat...making jewelry with Aunt Gyla...fabulous!


My birthday...oh yeah, when you get this old it's just another day! :)

July 4th equals parades, "fishing," and swimming. We got to spend it with both Matt's family and mine, but unfortunately, not Matt...still in Tennessee. At the end of the day we got to see a couple of different fireworks displays from grandma's house. Although, I think most everybody fell asleep before they were over.

This is one of their favorite pastimes, hanging out with Aunt Amy.

Night swimming...yep...just in case we didn't get enough swimming in during the day we always had night swimming. Actually, some times we did both...swimming ALL day and NIGHT! As you can see, they usually lasted in their swimsuits WAAAY longer than me.

Happy Father's Day! The kids and I got to celebrate Father's Day with grandpa. We cooked him a yummy breakfast and after chruch we went out to Grandpa Blaines for a visit which happened to include some scrumptious marshmallow roasting.

Unfortunately, Matt was in TN working for the summer so we didn't get to celebrate with him in person. Even though we missed him over the summer and he "says" he missed us ;) he really liked Nashville. Among other things, he made some fun friends that introduced him to some authentic Indian food, spent time doing some service projects, and even got to check out some local honky tonks.


Just keep swimming...Oh yes, we went swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool ALMOST every day.


Amy's bridal shower.




1 comments:

Haylie said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your plethora of blog posts recently! Love it! Miss you guys!