BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Best Thanksgiving Ever!

Ok, I know you are all wondering what made this Thanksgiving the best one ever??? One word...CATERING! Yes, since we just moved into our new house and spent the whole last week getting settled, I was just not feeling in the mood to create the traditional homemade spread. So, there is this great restaurant near us that you could order your dinner from, and it was great! My kids thought I had lost my marbles because not only did I not "cook" Thanksgiving dinner, we had it the day before as well. I was leaving to go on my annual Thanksgiving shopping trip with my mom, sisters, aunts, cousins, and grandma Thanksgiving evening so there wasn't time that day. I have to admit it did take some of the festiveness away from the celebration---it really didn't feel like Thanksgiving dinner, but I think it mostly had to do with the fact that we had no family around, and let's face it, family is really what makes Thanksgiving so special.




While I was on my trip and Matt was "watching" the kids (which you can't really say watching when they are his own kids, right? I should say staying with the kids), they created their own little band and gave me a private concert. Dad's get to have all the fun...this is the perfect example of what they did all weekend, which means everything else was pretty much neglected (ie laundry, dishes, cleaning), which all are not that important in the grand scheme of things, but somebody has to do them right? Anyways, hope you enjoy!


Oh yeah, just a little note about my black Friday experience this year. It was a total let down. Toy's R Us was a complete disaster! They were handing out tickets for the door busters, but then when you went to redeem your ticket they had sold your item to someone else, who obviously did not have a ticket. And, they weren't letting anyone in and people were starting to get into fights and cops were called. Then once you finally did get in, the deals weren't even that great. What a waste of time! Hopefully next year will be better, or we will just have to get some pampering done instead of shopping!

0 comments: