BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gotta Get Away

During Matt's 1 week spring break, I got to take a little break of my own. I spent a couple of days in this quaint little Amish town that is pretty close by. And I know that some of you might be asking what in the world did I do by myself for two days in a very small town? The beauty of it is that I didn't HAVE to do anything, but I got to do a lot of uninterrupted blogging, window shopping, lesson planning and reflecting. I don't know, maybe I should feel guilty for needing a little time away and maybe only mom's will understand; but it was a refreshing reprieve from the mundane daily tasks that we mom's are faced with and the never ending needs of our sweet little ones. In all honesty I think I came back a better mom...a little more patient, a little more grateful. So maybe in the end I shouldn't feel guilty for needing a littler recharge--a chance to fill my bucket, every once in a while. In the end I think it truly makes giving (what mom's do best) easier and helps keep life in perspective.

Parking for the Amish.
These buggy's were everywhere and shared the road with all the cars. Some even were decked out with headlights.

This was my "motel." Yes, you should be scared. :)

1 comments:

Anna Marks said...

Time alone sounds heavenly. Good for you! Hope all is well in Indiana for you and your wonderful family!