BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Black Friday

This year for our traditional Day-after Thanksgiving shopping weekend everyone met in the great city of Chicago. It is one of my favorite traditions, which my mom and grandma and aunts started years ago, when I was just a kid. It is a weekend filled with everything from good food and shopping, to great movies and fun---well I guess I should say almost everything because it is definitely NOT filled with good SLEEP! And this year was no different. Seriously, I think Allison and Kylie flew in from Utah and landed around 10:30 p.m. and we were off. We heard Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall was open all night. And it was quite the adventure I must say. There were definitely some questionable people hanging out and we later found out there was a gang shooting incident that night. Luckily we weren't near it, but scary. I know you all are thinking was it worth it, and I have to say I think it was---we got some great deals. So when the day finally dawned it was off to hit the "door buster" stores, which is complete and utter chaos. we literally shopped till we dropped that night around midnight. The next day we ventured into the city, which is always fun shopping on the Mag Mile. We got to go to lunch at the famous Walnut Room in Macy's on State and got to see their famous windows. Thankfully Sunday came and we finally got to rest. I truly am so thankful we are able to do this and I got to spend time with some of my best friends, my mom and sisters. Just as a side note we took my mom to go see the movie Twilight and I am not sure she was impressed, most of the time I looked over and she was sleepin away! We told her she should have read the book!



In the Walnut Room they have a multi-story christmas tree they decorate and you can sit under the tree and eat your meal. It is so beautiful.


If you are ever near downtown Chicago near Christmastime, definitely stop by Macy's to see the window display. This picture doesn't really do them justice, but they truly are amazing!

0 comments: