BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 5, 2009

Road Trip Reflections

Our trip to Utah came to a close and we had to say goodbye to all our family and friends until next time.  We hit the road for the long haul back and in that 21 hour drive  I had a "little" time to reflect on some road trip truths.  Here they are in no particular order.....


1.  New catch phrase for I told you so, "Bon Jovi."  (I told ya I had "Livin On A Prayer," right babe?)
2.  Matt is an experienced seeder--fellow sunflower seeders know what I mean. 
3.  Thanks to Caitlyn we know mom was right:  pop cans really will cut you (really bad) if you stick your finger down in them. 
4.  We love the midwest and their fireflies...there is nothing quite like them.  
5.  I-80 has only two seasons--winter and road construction.  Arghhh.
6.  I know they are potentially hazardous, but midwest thunderstorms are an awesome sight to see. 
7.  I never before realized that at Sonic you can only get ketchup, mustard, OR mayo on your hamburger.  But considering the less than pleasurable dining experience we had, we're not quite sure where those cost savings are going.  
8.  Kids really do have a movie and junk food quota.
9.  After being in a car for so long, getting out to go into a dirty bathroom looks like a pretty good alternative to kids---one that is completely exploited.  
10. It is always fun to see friends and family, but no matter where you live there is no place like home. 

3 comments:

Gina said...

Yeah! I am so glad to have found your blog! I love seeing all your fun pics of your cute family! This is so fun to be able to keep up on what is going on with "the worlds greatest roomate!" (I'm sure your hubby would agree!Hehe)And all the jokes about me being old...looks like what goes around, comes around. Nice to see you've joined the club by turning the big 3-0!

Janny said...

Your blog looks great. Hope you had a great Chistmas, we miss you guys! Happy (late) 30th.
Janette

Niederfam said...

Such great little life lessons learned on the road!!!! I love it.